Help wanted: Media relations and social media specialist
The DSM Web Geeks team is busy and we have so many plans to make this group better and more useful for everyone, but we’re running at capacity and need some help. We’re looking for a volunteer to join us. (yes, volunteer – everything that gets done through web geeks is volunteer driven)
Specifically, we need someone who would like to assist with media relationships and our social media network. This amounts to about 10 hours per month of work + some time helping us keep up with Twitter, Facebook and maybe adding other social media venues such as Linked In and Google+. (things you may already be doing anyway)
Typical responsibilities include:
- Adding events to the blog, calendar and Facebook (1 hour per month)
- Contacting Juice, Datebook and other news organizations (1 hour per month)
- Participating in planning and events (6 hours per month)
- Helping us keep the social media feeds fresh and interesting by engaging our audience, retweeting/sharing interesting and helpful (??? per month)
- Comfortable with the web and social media tools
- Technical enough to be able to identify with the interests of local web geeks. You do NOT have to be a geek
- Able to communicate clearly in writing
- Willing to regularly participate in our events, of which there are currently three types:
- Dojos on the 2nd Monday evening of the month
- Monthly lunch meetings
- Monthly planning meetings
- Bring your own interesting and unique skills: Maybe you love to take pictures or videos of events, you can make WordPress dance and sing, or ??? Tell us what it is that you can bring to the team.
You get to enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done and meet lots of web enthusiasts from the greater metro area. It is actually very interesting work and the variety of people you meet really do make it worth while. Sadly, none of the people who volunteer for webgeeks get paid for their work.
If you’re interested, please fill out this form.