2017 Web Geeks Social Event
Each year our big social spring event just keeps getting bigger and better. This year we’ll be in our new location at the Forge (Pillar Technology). We’ll have awesome door prizes for the first attendees and we’ll be raffling off prizes throughout the night. If you help tweet about the event using the hashtag #dsmwebgeekfest you’ll have double the chances of winning a prize during the raffle.
We’ve always tried to bring you insights on new trends and techniques in our industry and this year will be no exception. Our speaker line-up features some of the brightest minds in Iowa. They’ll be presenting on new trends in UX, awesome new frameworks and incredible startup anecdotes. Here is our speaker line-up for the night:
- Chris Wagner – Lightweight Mobile Animations
App developer Shift Interactive
- Matt Nuzum (@newz2000) – Easily Measure Usability with the SUM
User Experience and Test Engineer at John Deere
- Antoinette Stevens (@_TheyCallMeToni) – Unraveling The Facebook Scam
Network security analyst at Principal Financial Group
- Andrew Schutt (@schuttandrew) – Walkthrough A Phoenix Application
Backend web developer with Shift Interactive
- Matt Busche (@mrbusche) – A primer on Progressive Web Apps. What they are, how they’re built and why you should use them.
Consultant, IT Applications Development at Nationwide Insurance
- Jeremiah Terhark (@jeremiahterhark) –
Over 90% of startups go bust. Learn how to beat the odds before you sell the farm.
- Eric Heikes (@ericheikes) – Why You May Not Need A Framework
Senior Software Engineer Jack Henry & Associates
We couldn’t do any of this without our sponsors: